Environment Week 2021 Activities
Environment Week activities begin Sunday, June 6, 2021. While we remain restricted by COVID-19, we can still participate in environmental activities and bring awareness to the importance of continued environmental stewardship and protection. Here are ways you can get involved.
12th Annual Environmental Stewardship Award *EXTENDED TO SATURDAY, JUNE 12.
Nominate someone for the Environmental Stewardship Award. Nominations will be accepted up to June 4, 2021. The award recipient will be selected by a panel who will meet either through video or phone conferencing. Once the selection is made, the award recipient will be notified and their award will be safely dropped off to their home in accordance with COVID-19 Public Health measures. The winner announcement will be made at the end of June. Go here to make your nomination.
Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off
Drop off your Household Hazardous Waste at Town Services between 6 to 8 p.m. Click here to see what items are considered HHW.
Yard Waste Curbside Pick-up
Have your yard waste curbside by 8:30 a.m. Yard waste can include tree clippings, grass, bikes, BBQ’s, tires.
Herb Garden Kit Giveaway
Come to the Town Center Lobby from 4 to 6 p.m. to get your Herb Garden Kit. We have limited kits–first come, first serve. *Kits cannot be held by requests.
JUNE 6 to 12
· Only participate in the activity with the same 20 close and consistent contacts of your household.
· Chose any day during the week from June 6 to 12.
· If you have your own PPE (safety vests and safety gloves) we kindly ask you to use them. If you do not have these items you will have an opportunity to make a request when you register for Town Clean-up here.
· Place your bags of litter with your regular weekly household garbage pick-up.
· Take a selfie during your clean-up and submit it here for a chance to win 1 of 4 $50 gift cards.
· Wear your PPE at all times.
· DO NOT collect or pick-up broken glass.
· Be mindful of wildlife such as black bears.
· Watch for traffic.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org