- This event has passed.
Environment Stewardship Award
May 22 - June 6
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN. Click to learn more.
Environmental Stewardship Award
The Environmental Stewardship Award was established in 2010 to recognize members of our community who consistently takes personal responsibility for their actions toward environmental sustainability and protection.
What does it mean to be an environmental steward?
Taking personal responsibility to protect and sustain our environment for future generations through a variety of personal choices and actions.
An environmental steward consistently takes purposeful action to:
- conserve natural resources;
- combat pollution;
- protect wildlife and its habitats;
- reduce/eliminate waste; and/or
- educate and bring awareness about the importance of environmental sustainability.
– Must be a permanent or seasonal resident of Churchill Falls.
– Nominees could be an individual, a community group, organization, or workplace department.
– Past recipients can be nominated if three years has passed since receiving the award.
Nominations close Tuesday, June 6, 2023.
This award is not guaranteed to be presented each year. Nominations must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the environment as the primary motivation for one’s actions and choices.